Your refrigerator is probably the most used appliance in the house. Unlike other appliances that are only used when needed, your refrigerator runs constantly. Your might only use your microwave once a day, but the refrigerator is constantly being used by your family, so it needs to be durable, dependable and reliable. When you are looking for a replacement refrigerator, choosing a refrigerator that is energy star compliant is smart.
Refrigerators that are Energy Star compliant are highly sought out by consumers. Refrigerators are appliances that need to be on constantly. They need to be at a constant temperature or else your food will spoil and although newer refrigerators have improved compressor’s, so they run more efficiently and use less energy, they still use a fair amount of energy. When you choose an Energy Star compliant refrigerator, you know that you are getting an appliance that used energy very efficiently. Running an Energy Star compliant refrigerator will cut down greatly on your utility bills.
Because of its size, it needs to be attractive because it will be one of the first things that guests will see when they enter the kitchen. Your kitchen is the heart of the home, and you want everything in it to look nice, especially your refrigerator with its large size naturally draws the eye to it. Your refrigerator needs to perform well, and it has to be pleasing to the eye too.
French door refrigerators have become more popular than side-by-side models with consumers lately because their basic layout has more common sense. Consumers use the freezer the least, so the freezer is smartly located on the bottom of the refrigerator, and the refrigerated section is at the top, making the foods that you use the most within easy reach and no bending.
This is a list of the top six French door Energy Star refrigerators on the market today.
List Price on Amazon: $1,429.99
This LG refrigerator has a sophisticated white exterior and a polished, elegant look that will make for a beautiful addition in any kitchen. LG is known for their product innovation, and their quality and the LFC25776SW are no except to the high standards that LG has.
Here are some of the features that place this refrigerator on the list:
• Crisper system with 4 compartments including a fill-width, fully extendable drawer that is perfect for full size sheet cakes, party platters and easy to reach snacks and drinks
• 10-year warranty of the Linear Compressor
• Automatic ice maker
• 4 sliding shelves, 6 door bins and 2 freezer drawers
• 5 temperature sensors to ensure that your refrigerator and freezer are kept at their optimal temperature
• Internal LED controls
Amazon List Price: $1,608.99
For families looking for extra capacity in their refrigerators, the LG LFC25765SB is perfect. At 33” wide, this refrigerator will fit nicely into most kitchens, and it provides 25 cu. ft. of storage space so you will not have to cram and jam your groceries. In addition to the capacity, the sleekly sophisticated exterior, in a smooth black finish will add a touch of class to any kitchen.
Here are some of the features that placed this refrigerator on the list:
• Features LG’s innovating Smart Cooling system that features temperature sensors and air vents so your food is kept at the perfect temperature and the Linear Compressor reacts quickly to any variation in temperature, keeping your food just at the right temperature.
• 10 year limited warranty on the linear compressor
• Hidden hinges and contoured doors for a sophisticated look
• Ample storage space including a full size pantry drawer and humidity controlled crispers
• 4 interior shelves, 6 adjustable door bins and 2 freezer drawers
3 – LG LFC20770ST Energy Star Rated 30″ 19.7 Cu. Ft. Freestanding French Door Refrigerator with Multi-Air Flow Cooling System, Digital Temperature Controls, and 4 Temperature Sensors in Stainless Steel
Amazon List Price: $1,469.99
Not all kitchens can house a larger refrigerator, and consumers often have to sacrifice capacity in favor of a smaller model refrigerator. The LG LFC20770ST is the solution to that problem. This refrigerator will fit in a 30” opening and still offers 20 cu. ft. of usable space and it has the same innovative features that make LG a leading name in refrigerators.
Here are some of the key features:
• Elegant stainless steel design with hidden hinges and contoured doors
• LG’s Multi-Air Flow system has digital sensors that keep the temperature and humidity levels regularly monitored
• Vents in the refrigerator to ensure that there is constantly circulating cool air
• Full-width pull out pantry drawer for larger items and humidity controlled crispers
• 2 shelves, 6 door bins and 2 freezer drawers
Amazon List Price: $1,525
Whirlpool has long been a trusted brand for appliances for a reason. The GX2FHDXVQ is a beautiful appliance with a white finish. It may look simple on the outside, but looks are deceiving because this is an excellent appliance that outperforms much of the competition. It is a class in its own simplicity.
Some of the features that landed the GX2FHDXVQ on this list are:
• Automatic ice maker
• Freezer drawer with storage baskets including a slide out basket
• Full-width pantry drawer, can caddy, adjustable door bins, hanging deli drawer and humidity controlled crispers and adjustable glass shelves
• Whirlpool’s patented Accu-Chill temperature management system uses sensors to monitor the temperature. The compressor only activates when needed, using less energy
• Adaptive defrost so the defrost only runs when needed
Amazon List Price: $1,259
With a sleek stainless steel exterior, this refrigerator will look good in any kitchen. Whirlpool’s product innovations and reliable products have always made them popular appliances. The classic and elegant design of this refrigerator will enhance your kitchen.
Here are the other reason why the Whirlpool WRF535SMBM made the top six list:
• Accu-Chill, Whirlpool’s signature temperature management system, uses intuitive sensors that monitor the temperature, turning on the compressor only when it needs to be on, making this refrigerator extremely efficient
• Full-width pantry for easy storage of larger items such as sheet cakes and party trays
• Adaptive defrost, another energy saving innovation, the defrost cycle only runs when needed
• Frameless glass shelves give you larger space for storage
• FreshFlow preserver for your produce, keeping your fresh produce fresh for longer – ethylene gas, which causes spoilage, is absorbed through a filter
• Adjustable gallon door bins, humidity controlled crisper, and a freezer drawer
• Automatic ice maker
6 – GE PYE23PSDSS Profile 23.1 Cu. Ft. Stainless Steel Counter Depth French Door Refrigerator – Energy Star
Amazon list price: $2,258.97
With its stainless steel exterior and clean, classic lines, the GE PYE23PSDSS will be a nice addition to your kitchen. This refrigerator is counter-depth so it will fit nicely in most kitchens, fitting flush against the counter and not sticking out; a very attractive feature. That is not the only feature to get this refrigerator a place on the list;
Here are the other key features:
• External ice/water dispenser – dispenser features GE’s hands free fill and precise fill technology
• Space saving ice maker
• TwinChill evaporators maintain separate climates in the freezer and the refrigerator to keep both humidity and temperature at desired levels
• Full-width temperature control drawer with settings so foods stored at the pantry can be kept at their own optimal temperature
• LCD screen in full color and LED interior lighting
• 3 freezer baskets, 5 shelves, 2 humidity controlled crispers, 6 door bins
When you need a new refrigerator, shopping can be a hassle. Looking for the best French door refrigerator that is Energy Star compliant can be a chore and that is why we have compiled this list. If you want an Energy Star refrigerator with the popular French door design, there are six refrigerators, the best of the best.